Opportunities in Iskandar Malaysia
PROPERTY TOURS OF NUSAJAYA (11th April 2015 – Saturday 8.30am – 7.00pm)
Back by popular demand, Alpha Marketing is proud to introduce our Nusajaya Property Tours 2015!!! This is our most popular tour by Singapore investors and we conducted these monthly back in 2012 and 2013. The next Nusajaya tour is targeted for April 2015
Itinerary as follows (subject to change):
- High Speed Rail Station to Singapore – Kuala Lumpur (where is the site?)
- Educity (how are all the universities like Newcastle, Southmapton, Reading, MDIS etc doing in 2015)
- East Ledang & Estuari (UEM Sunrise latest landed gated guarded project)
- Horizon Hills (the most popular community for Singaporeans in Iskandar)
- Bukit Indah (the closest local township, booming and growing)
- Medini (Mall of Medini, Legoland, Gleneagles Hospital and big hotspot for investors)
- Grand Medini and DPristine Medini (our investment picks for Medini)
- Emerald Bay (Sentosa’s Ocean Drive in Puteri Harbour)
- Puteri Harbour (Traders Hotel, Public & Private Marina, International Ferry Terminal)
- Puteri Cove Residences (the jewel of Puteri Harbour)
- Sunway Iskandar (new office space, schools and theme parks)
- Drive by Ascendas Tech Park, Marlborough College, Pinewood Studios and Peter Lim’s Motorsports City
Tour package includes:
- Fully air-conditioned bus tour for the full day (valued at SGD20)
- Mineral water bottles for hydration (valued at SGD3)
- Buffet lunch at upscale restaurant in Nusajaya (the best of Malaysian food) (valued at SGD15)
- Fully guided tour by Ryan Khoo himself, renowned Iskandar investor, speaker and author (valued at SGD3,000 – thats what he charges corporate clients)
- Deep insights into the Iskandar market that cannot be shared in public, and reasons why the Big Boys are heavily invested in Iskandar (value? Priceless)
For the new 2015 Nusajaya tour participants, to kickstart the registration, we will be throwing in the following FREEBIES!
- A FREE Iskandar Map prepared courtesy of IRDA and Ho Chin Soon Research
Early bird registration for our Nusajaya Property Tour 2015 starts at SGD100 per person only (early bird pricing SGD70 per person. Register by 31st March 2015 for best pricing, prices will be raised thereafter). Tremendous value for those looking to get deeper insights and find out what are the latest opportunities in Iskandar.
Email us at email@example.com for registration details or SMS/Whatsapp to +65 81261626.
- Tour Date: 11th April 2015 (Saturday)
- Time: 8.30am to 7.00pm
THE OUTLOOK FOR ISKANDAR MALAYSIA IN 2015
While the media has been quite negative on Iskandar Malaysia in recent months, those of us in the know are actually quite pleased with economic activity on the ground in Iskandar. Lets share a couple of them:
- Opening of Gleneagles Medini in July 2015. The first major private healthcare provider in Nusajaya with an estimated capacity of 300 beds and CPF Medisave enabled. This has a big market for both Singaporeans and Indonesian market. A few international healthcare providers are also currently doing market studies and looking to enter this market here.
- Opening of Raffles American School main campus in end 2015, together with University of Reading and MDIS Iskandar main campus. Expected to add some 2,000-3,000 student population to Nusajaya. We are also awaiting more announcements on Educity Phase 2 and more institutions coming into the east at Bandar Seri Alam as well as the vocational schools planned in Kulaijaya
- Johor is now the No 1 state in Malaysia attracting manufacturing investments in 2013 and to date in 2014. A big point considering Klang Valley and Penang are the usual winners. Jobs in this sector expected to be seen in full by 2016/2017 once these factories are completed
- Angry Birds opens on 31st Oct 2014 and we await the announcements on Sunway Iskandar’s own theme park. Also good progress on the theme parks in Desaru and in Austin Heights. We also await some potential good surprises on other theme parks and the ferry service to Singapore currently in negotiation at Puteri Harbour.
- Pinewood Studios has a full schedule in 2015 – Astro, Imagica and its own productions are heavily in the list, creating thousands of jobs in 2015 and beyond. More space apparently is required for expansion
- Pengerang’s RAPID project is on full swing – RM90billion is pouring into the local economy and Iskandar is the nearest urban hub, likely to see some spillover from it especially into east Johor
- High Speed Rail and Rapid Transit System - The HSR and RTS are likely to be announced in early 2015 with works to start in end 2015, giving further impetus to those on the fences. We expect this to be the biggest “buy” or “investment green go” signal and have further big push impact to Iskandar
- Comprehensive Development Plan 2 (CDP 2) - IRDA should be ready to announce this in early 2015, providing clearer insights to land use and future plans for Iskandar Malaysia and triggering some parties to make decisions here
What’s The BIG DEAL With ISKANDAR MALAYSIA out in major bookstores in Singapore NOW
Want to understand more about Iskandar Malaysia? Not sure who to talk to or get good information from? This book aims to clarify and provide perspective on why Iskandar Malaysia has been so popular in the past 5 years as an investment destination and also to debunk popular myths and misconceptions on Iskandar Malaysia. Written by Ryan Khoo, a seasoned investor in Malaysia, he hopes this book will foster better understanding of the region and improve relationships between the 2 countries.
Available in major Popular, Kinokuniya and Times bookstores in Singapore and retails for SGD20.
“Very impressed with the in-depth knowledge of Iskandar Malaysia. Must admit I was very skeptical on your book from the start, but after finally decided to put my hands on it, I must say that you truly deserve a big “Thank You” from all the Iskandar Malaysia believers for all the good information found in there!” – Ashua
“A smooth and entertaining read for me. Well done. Not easy to aggregate such vast amount of data into a book like this” - Mr Tan
“The book is reader-friendly and very concise! I am now even more comfortable about having invested in Iskandar” - Terence
“Another 10 more pages for me to finish this wonderful book of explaining the insights about Iskandar Malaysia. Now I am able to identify better areas of demographics, local or foreign markets, boosters of existing and upcoming attractions. It also balances the pros and cons of each flagships within Iskandar. Huge credit and thanks to Ryan for his tremendous effort to compile this book” – David Liu
Singapore Market Report for Q3 2014
Its still moving down, what do we forecast for Singapore in 2015?
Singapore property prices continue their downward trend and we are brave enough to make a forecast up to H2 2015 which doesn’t look too good. But how and why? Time to read our quarterly report to get some feel of the market - Singapore Property Market (Q3 2014).
The good news if you are looking is that there may be some low hanging opportunities for Singapore market that may be out in the next 6-9 months. Do stay in touch and contact us for recommendations.
Best regards and happy investing
Ryan & Melissa